Tuesday 4 November 2008

Bow Tie CHEAT!

Howdy all! I'm Adrienne and I have a sweet tutorial of how to help you make your bows perfect every time! :D <--- Smiley Face!

But, this IS cheating! :D haha. Here we go!
---

So this is my Bow Tying Cheat!

1. Start with your supplies :D


2. Deside where you want your image to go.

3. Put a line of glue where you want your ribbon to cross the page (I lined my glue with white ink... I am using Tombo)

4. Start putting your ribbon across your paper but do not go all the way to the end. Stop where you want your bow to go.

5. Twist your ribbon over once and then glue the rest of it down. (If you have one sided ribbon, twist it twice (until the image shows on top again))

6. Turn card over and glue edges down if you wish.
7. trim
8. look how magnificent it looks!

9. Now onto the actual BOW TYING!
10. Start with your loop

11. Fold back behind.

12. Bring around over the front.
13. Go behind with it again
14. Push through and pull.
15. This is how I mess with my bow to get the desired "ears". I have it like held between pointer finger and thumb. and then I have the ends held between random fingers and palm.

16. Once you have your desired shape. Cut off the ends. (And glue image to desired position)
17. This is my secret part... I attach the bow with a glue dot or two.

If you look close enough you can see where I put my dot!
18. Attach to card and marvel at the great bow you've just made!


Anyhoot! There ya go! If you have any questions feel free to stop by my blog
http://scrappin-a-rose.blogspot.com
and drop me an e-mail or a comment! I would love to see you around!

4 comments:

Julie Allain said...

This is so cool Adrienne I love how the twisted bow looks :)

Dawn said...

Brilliant! Thanks for this great tip

Lillnettan said...

Ahaa, THAT'S how you should do it! *taking notes* Thanks for the inspiration Adrienne!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your bow tie tip. Will have to have a go and see if I can make one.
Manola xo