Tuesday 15 July 2008

Never Ending Card

It's been a very long time since I've made a "never-ending card". I have an old tutorial that has odd scoring measurements like 1 1/16" and 3 3/16" so I decided to revise it. With these new measurements, it is much easier to use the Scor-Pal for this project!

This has also been called a "four-in-one card". Hope this tutorial inspires you to make your own!

NEVER ENDING CARD

Supplies:
4" x 10" piece of solid cardstock (I used Bazzill)
Scor-Pal
Adhesive
Paper trimmer or craft knife
Stamps (I used Always Remember from TAC)
Ink
Other flat embellishments (optional)
Scrap pieces of patterned paper (I used Angelee from TAC):
(4) 2 1/4" x 3/4"
(8) 2 1/4" x 1 3/4"
(8) 1" x 3/4"
(4) 1" x 1 3/4"

Directions:

Step 1: (see red lines) Click to enlarge if you need to.
______________________________________________

Step 2 (see blue lines) Click to enlarge if you need to.
______________________________________________

Step 3: (see green lines) Turn cardstock so the short side is at the top upper left corner of the Scor-Pal. Score at 1" and 3" from the top edge down to the first score line ONLY. Turn cardstock around and do the same thing at the other end.
______________________________________________

Step 4: (see black lines) Using a paper trimmer or craft knife, make a cut in the center (2" each side) from the 2 1/2" score line down to the 7 1/2" score line.
______________________________________________

Step 5: Now cut on the 2 1/2" score line from the 1" line down to the 3" line. Do the same thing on the 7 1/2" score line.


Step 6: Place adhesive in the four places designated by gray shading in the diagram. Fold the left end up on the 2 1/2" score line, and the right end on the 7 1/2" score line, so they meet in the middle. They will be adhered to the back layer at four places.
______________________________________________

Step 7: Adhere scrap pieces of patterned paper in place. Stamp and embellish as desired.



The picture above shows the beginning of card (gate-fold style).

Open and fold sides to the back to get the next view:


Now, flip top up and bottom down to get this view:


Next, open the sides and fold to the back again and you'll have the next view:


To go back to the beginning, flip the top up and bottom down. It "NEVER ENDS"!


Let me know if you make one! Have a great day, Tootles!


A note from Julie

Vicki I love this ~ Thank you!!!
To see more brilliant creations from Vicki Click HERE and if you use Vicki's Tutorial to make your own 'never ending card' please let us have a link so that we can come and see :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I've been looking for really clear directions and I have found them! I am going to try to make time to play with this tonight and if I do, I'll be sure to post. Is it okay if I link a post on my blog back here for others to use these brilliant directions?

swietlicowo said...

I tried to make this card!
http://mojemiejsce13.blox.pl/2008/07/kartka-bez-konca.html

inge said...

incredible...

I read and reread the tutorial, but I think I have to "do" it step by step...

I've seen it "move" on and on at the website of chwilka and it looks great..

It intrigues me... I'm tickled to try it ...

greetings
Inge from Belgium

Jayney said...

This is amazing! I love this blog! I've had a go at my own never-ending card... :)

http://buttercupanddaisy.blogspot.com/2008/09/never-ending-card.html