Monday 16 June 2008

Making Scalloped Borders

Since scalloped borders are so "IN" right now, I decided to share this quick and easy technique to make scalloped borders. I learned this trick from Kwerner's blog, and what I like about it the most is the fact that, no matter how big or small your project can be, you will ALWAYS end up with gorgeous and perfect scallops. Nestabilities and scalloped punches are also great tools, BUT they can limit you to a specific size... with this technique you won't!



Now for the tutorial:


Materials list:


- Circle punch (depending on how big your project is, use the small, medium or jumbo size punch) (for this project I used the small punch)
- Cardstock
- Adhesive

Instructions:


1) Using your circle punch and cardstock, punch holes in your cardstock. While you punch the holes, align them one next to the other bordering your project so you can have an idea of how many holes you should punch.


2) Once you're finished punching, add glue to the back of your project, BUT just around the border.



3) Adhere your punched circles to your project, aligning them one next to the other.


4) And YOU'RE DONE! A perfect scalloped border...


Here's the finished project:





A note from Julie :- Fantastic Tutorial Yanitza Thank you!!

Make sure you check out Yanitza's Fab Blog
HERE

If you create something using this tutorial please leave a comment with a link to your blog so we can visit :)

10 comments:

Tee said...

Ohhhh, thank you! I've been fascinated with scalloped borders for a while now .... however, we don't have any specialty scrapbook shops where I am! :P So now that you've shown me how to make own scalloped borders am more than thrilled!

Will go try that out soon! Thank you again!

Godelieve said...

Clever!!

Lauren said...

THANK YOU!! I have always wanted to make a scalloped border!!

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Lauren xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a clever idea. I've been looking for a scallop punch, but couldn't decide which size to buy! Problem solved.

Tania said...

This is soooo clever! Thanks for the tutorial!

Suzy said...

Oh! How easy was that! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Liz said...

Thank you so much for this tutorial as I have wondered about getting the nestabilities but have now done a card using the tuturial. I love it. You can see it at liz-a-bee.blogspot.com . Thanks again.

Katie said...

Fantastic blog, I love it. This scalloped border is devilishly cunning but so easy. Off to try it now!

Katie

Julie Allain said...

I used this technique HERE

Thanks Yanitza x

Nancy in CA said...

Oh my gosh, this just solved my problem. Love scallops, but find it difficult to have a die cut for each size I need...Thanks so much for sharing this on your blog. Now I'm off to make some cards with scallops.