Sunday 16 November 2008

Gift Card Holder

GIFT CARD HOLDER

OK, you are probably NOT going to believe what this gift card holder is made from!!!

Yep a toilet paper roll!!! haha!
1.Flatten the tp roll as flat as you can.

2.Choose your patterned paper and cut it 4 in.X6 in. . It may have to be trimmed on the 6 in. side after you start gluing it on to the tp roll.

3. Cover one side of the tp roll with glue and adhere the pp to it. I left some for a flap. Fold the pp and put glue on the other side and this is where you may have to trim one side.

I needed to trim mine a little.
4. Place clamps on it for a few minutes for the glue to set.If you don't have clamps, you can just lay something heavy on it. (Just be careful because if you put too much glue on it, it will pease out and you may get it on your book or whatever you use use to hold it down.)
5. Place a line of glue on the inside of the tp roll on only ONE side. Clamp it again for the glue to set.
6.While you are waiting for this to set, you can make the tag that you can slip into the opening. Cut a piece of 4 3/4 in. x 2 in. piece of coordinating cardstock or patterned paper. Trim one side to make it look like a tag and punch a hole in it to place a piece of ribbon on the tag. Add the gift card to the tag now.
7. Now ,you can decorate the front of the gift card holder any way to choose.I chose to cover up the fold where the pp met at the top with a piece of cardstock left over from the tag and added a piece of ribbon as well. I added an embellishment and a little card with a message on it.8. Time to tuck the tag inside the holder and voila.You are done!Let me know if you try this! I would love to see it!!

10 comments:

Maya Ariffin said...

Hi I already tried making this one!! It's fun.. :) Will definitely making more of it!! Keep up the good work!

Francien said...

I made several of those too...you can see them on my blog...I will send them as Christmas card..thanks for the tutorial!!
greetings Francien.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

HAHA, I love this!! I'll be linking!

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!!!! And what a great way to recycle.

Beverley Todd said...

Too cute! I love this

froebelsternchen said...

wonderful Idee...I love to recycle TP rolls.... Thank you!!!

Sarah Young said...

Great idea, will have to use this as an activity for work! i work with the elderly and this is ideal,great blog
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tips i will follow them.

Zafran ali said...

You have done absolutely gorgeous.I love your great idea.Thank,s for so nice post.
Plastic Card.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.