I added this to my blog tonight and thought I'd share it with you :) I find these little 'boxes' addictive once I get going :)
Is it a card or is it a box? Well it's both.....
This card looks like a regular card until you open it and then 'surprise' there's a little box attached.
I made these cards last year to hold school pictures of my boys I was sending out, so thought I'd take the time and share the instructions with you :)
You can use them for gift card holders or sending flat type embellishments to fellow carders as a little surprise :)
Text weight paper (sheet of computer paper)
1. Cut the text weight paper to 8 1/2" x 11"
2. Fold your paper into 3 equal sections and score with your bone folder for nice sharp creases.
3. Open up your paper and take the left side and bring it to the middle and fold the edge back, do the same on the right, you should have what looks like 'french doors' now. Crease well!
4. Keep your paper folded and FLIP it over, fold the tips back BUT not t he 'door' flaps to make points at both ends.
5. Unfold tips and FLIP your paper over again. Pull the 'door' flaps down towards the bottom and do this for all 4 corners.
6. Keep everything folded and FLIP your paper over again, fold down the flap at each end.
7. FLIP your paper over again and UNFOLD everything, tucking the last fold INWARD at both ends.
8. Take the LEFT 'door' flap and fold it over the RIGHT 'door' flap, then pull the top LEFT section downward and fold, now do the same with the bottom section, then fold the 'door' flap back over. Repeat this for the other side.
9. Now you should have your little box!
To make up the card:
Base: cut your cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", put adhesive on the bottom (back) of your box and place it centered on your base.
Flaps: cut your cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", and then cut this in half and adhere the flaps of the box to the center of each flap.
You add patterned paper at this point if your wish to cover your flaps as well.
The center panel on my card is 3" x3" and you only adhere half of the panel to the left side flap.
Embellish as you see fit :)