Wednesday 6 March 2013

Make Your Own Embellishments

Hiya There... Debbie here
Today to share is a little Tutorial.
I know we all like to use embellishments on our cards and there are some beautiful ones available to buy, but I get more satisfaction when I make my own.
I feel then the card is totally 'Handmade' with Love.
  
Here Im showing you how I made the frames and corners I keep being asked about and they are ever so easy.
There are LOTS of different Air Dry Clays on the market. This one Im using at the moment is a Martha Stewart one. There are different colours available but I mainly use white but also have Blue, Red,Brown and Yellow as they are the main mixing colours.
Using a little bit of clay, roll into a sausage and spread evenly around the mould, pressing firmly so that the pattern engraves in the clay.
Once all covered make sure none is overlapping the edges.
 
I then pop straight out and make another. I must admit the first time I did this I was scared I would spoil the frame as it wasnt set, but the moulds are so flexible it just popped out.Leave on a flat surface and allow to dry.
Then once you have become more brave try mixing. Here I used a tiny ball of red to make Pink
 
I even attempted a flower and attempted two colours in one mould.

 
 I always spend hours making embellishments and flowers, then they are just at hand for your projects
 


Once finished and set, which can take a few hours I then paint. I usually end up painting white anyway, but they do look nice with a different colour showing through.
 
Hope you liked this tutorial.
I also have more Tutorials on my blog HERE under the Tutorial Tab
Thanks so much for looking
 
Big Hugs
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Julie Allain said...

I love this idea Debbie, Thanks for sharing :)

Nena3110 said...

Wonderful!

chrissie said...

Amazing work on these

Love Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tutorial Debbie, I've seen the stuff to do this at my local craft store, but never got them. After seeing how nice they come out and relatively easy they are to make I might just try making them myself.

Unknown said...

What types of molds are these and where can I get them? This is an awesome idea! :)