Saturday 10 April 2010

Pretty Vintage Paper Flower Posies.....

By: Colleen ~HappyLittleArt~

Hi Everybody!!! I'm very excited to post here for the first time!!!

I'd like to show you how to make these vintage paper flower posies...


I'm sure you've seen these paper posies around but I wanted to show you how I make them! While they take a little time to create, they are so worth the effort!!

To start...get your supplies ready, you'll need: Glitter and a color spray in a complementary color, scallop punch, vintage paper or print, glue, brads, flower centers and leaves....after that...you're ready to go...

Start by punching out lots of scallops circles....you can use, sheet music, children's stories, dictionary pages...anything really...

Then spray your paper to give it a little color and sparkle and wait until dry!

Then put glue on the edges....I pierce mine and do several at a time....and spoon your yummy glitter over the glue!

Here is another look at the glue all glittered up....pretty huh?!

Then, stack 5 or more of your glittered circles on top of each other and stick a brad in the center....almost done.....

Now crumple each layer towards the center where the brad is...do each layer individually....

Finally, add your decorative centers and leaves, if you want them...and viola...pretty paper posies for your projects!! You can make them in different colors to match your project too!! Fun, Fun, Fun!

Here is a completed flower on my card....

I hope you like my first ever tutorial! Thanks for taking a peek! For a complete list of supplies that I used, you can hop over to my BLOG or just stop by to say Hi!
Have a great day!!
Hugs,
~HappyLittleArt~

31 comments:

Tammy said...

Great tutorial....I love making flowers. You did good! So pretty too!
smiles...Tammy

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love these!!! so cute, fun, pretty, easy and sweet. i can't wait to try them! you're first tutorial was excellent!! i love reading tutorials and learning new techniques.

thanks!
maureen

http://home.comcast.net/~mncannon/site/?/home/

Brooke said...

There darling and the card is wonderful .
Great job I love it!

Brooke said...

Wonderful job for your first tutorial,

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much, they look absolutely beautiful. Hugs. Nataliya.

Randi WS said...

Oh, I love these gorgeus handmade flowers! Gotta try it one day! Thanks for sharing. Hugs ;)

Julie said...

I love your tutorial and think these little flowers are real beauties! Think I'm gonna trya nd make some batches in diff colours for future ues- thanks so much, and very well done on your first tutorial!!! Juliexx

Dunia said...

Flowers are beautiful! Great tut!

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Colleen Thank You for your fantastic tutorial. I've always wondered how to make these sort of hand-made flowers. Your step by step tutorial makes it look possible. Can't wait to have a try.
Great card btw. Gez.xx

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty! Thank you for the tutorial, it's great!

Aditi joshi said...

Very nice work.
Best wishes

aditiart.blogspot.com

Jessie Lubyk said...

Great tutorial, the posies are so beautiful, thank-you for sharing :)

Paula said...

Beautiful! You make it look so easy that I'll have to try this weekend! Thanks!

karennarelle said...

gorgeous, i bet mine dont turn out that good!!!

Sonya said...

Thankyou so much for the tutorial, the flowers are gorgeous and Im hoping to have a go at making some this weekend. You card is adorable. Hugs from sonya

Sabrina Krighaar said...

Beautiful! I want to try making these myself, but how big are you making the circles? I have to cut mine on the Silhouette, so I would be very grateful for some measurements :-)

Debbi said...

Wow! That was great! Very helpful. I love how you glittered the edges, and I LOVE your card--beautiful!
*smiles*
debbi

Anonymous said...

Really pretty, thank you for sharing the tutorial

Anonymous said...

I love your wonderful handmade flowers and easy to understand tutorial! What kind of glue did you use around the edges? I
definitely want to try these.

Cheri
Cheri926@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Preciosas flore, un sueño, felicitaciones, Chany

Leigh said...

This is terrific! I love these little posies. Thanks for the tutorial.

Kras said...

It's beautiful

Jeannie said...

I love the posies! Great tutorial :) Will definetly try them out.

Sassy Scrapper said...

Colleen whoo hooo Congratulations on your first tutorial it's awesome! I will definately have to try your technique. Thank you so much for sharing your posie flowers are stunning!!!
Hugs Bonnie

Lynne said...

Love your flower - cant wait to try it out :o) x

Cherie said...

Wow! The flowers are gorgeous! Tks for the tutorial!

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today on my blog I posted a link oto this tutorial.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

Nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Great tutorial! Very pretty flowers! Thanks for posting.

Sue Sully said...

Thank you for your tutorial I found it ver helpful. I have made some of these flowers, and was pleased with my first attempt.

http://sullyscards.blogspot.com/2010/08/paper-flowers.html

Zafran ali said...

Thank you so much, they look absolutely beautiful.You make it look so easy that I'll have to try this weekend! Thanks!Send gifts to Pakistan

Waseem said...

lovely tutorial...I like it.


Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia