Wednesday 24 March 2010

2 Step bird rose bud.


You'll need: 2 way glue pen, red and green card stock, 2 step bird punch, post it notes.



You'll need to punch one whole punch in green and also one wing shape in red,



Using a post it note attach the green bird to the sticky edge so it makes it easier for you to slide the bird back into the punch,



slide the tail of the bird into the wing shape of the punch, you might like to lift the very tip of the tail out of the punch so you don't cut it off then use the punch to create a bud shape,



you'll be needing these three pieces that you have punched, the red wing the green branch and the green tail piece,



Using your 2 way glue pen stick the green tail on top of the red wing then layer this onto your green branch, now you have a tiny rose bud!

These roses look gorgeous if you use a sponge dauber to add some depth around the edges of the punched pieces. 

Thanks for checking out my tutorial,

you can see more of my tutorials and work here on my blog

Abi

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! And very clever :)

Crissi Harvey said...

Thats so sweet fab idea

Tammy said...

Very neat!
What a great alternative to the punch.

Julie Allain said...

arrrgh stop tempting me I've been trying to resist that punch lol, cool tutorial Thanks so much Abi :)

Liz Chidester said...

Wow! How did you even think that that bird's tail would work?? I'm extremely impressed.

Lorraine said...

How clever of you! This is great. Thanks for sharing.

Merry said...

I love this, it is so clever. Shame I don't have the punch.

Roz said...

I just ordered that punch Thurs. I can't wait to try this. Oh so clever.

image hosting said...

Very clever, awsome and grt alternative to the punch....