Friday 7 August 2009

Pop-up card made with Spellbinder's Nestabilities

I have been playing around with my large scalloped circles and discovered that I could make a pop-up card really easily.

This is the method I used. Cut 3 circles.

Fold as illustration - 2 one way and 1 the other and crease well.

Open out and join together so you have this shape










On the inside card crease fold - line up the centre fold of the pop-up
and tape the outer circles to the card

Hey Presto....you have made a pop-up card - I just added butterflies to complete the look.




I decorated the front with 3 butterfly dies embossed with the CB Textile and Swiss Dots folders. The cardstock was embossed with the Frills Flower Border on the front and back and the edges cut with a scalloped Pierceabilitie die.

Something different for you to try. You will find lots of tips and tutorials on how to get more use out of your Cuttlebug or any die cutting machine here in my Cupboard. You are very welcome to come and cuttle with me.

6 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

How cool - clever you, great lightbulb moment, tfs.

SABRI said...

It's fantastic!!! Thank you for the tutotorial!!! CIAO CIAO, SAbri

http://schizziestrappi.blogspot.com

Mary Director said...

AWESOME idea, I'm going to have to try this.

Mary Director said...

What are the size of the Scallops? I don't have the nestabilities, so will have to see what I have in my Big Shot dies. Thanks.

Linda said...

You are quite clever...TFS!!

Merry said...

Oh you are so clever...wish I have lightbulb moments like that. I actually have those nesties so off to have a try....thanks for sharing.