Tuesday 24 March 2009

Cuttlebug and Nestie Tutorial - Make a Flapper Hat and Flower

Hi my name is ikki and this is my first article on this great blog and I would like to share my tutorial with you.

I have had so many questions about my Nestie flower, that I thought I should illustrate it further because it really does make a great embellishment, and matching your flower and papers is easier and cheaper too! Then you will save your pennies to buy more nesties! Clever, eh!

You will need:

Patterned paper - I like to use handmade paper because it's stronger, and you can emboss, curl, manhandle and it just looks better for it.
Nesties Petite scalloped Circles in 3 different sizes (or 3 hand cut circles, or 3 made with any other method you have at hand)
Cuttlebug folder: I like the Textile folder for this


Ink for edging petals
Flower centre - I used a pearl brad
Sissors and, of course, your Cuttlebug

If you would like to make the complete card you will also need

A4 sheet of cardstock folded in half and shaped as this templete


To make the flower

Cut 3 circles











Now emboss



Cut into embossed circle and re-shape edges of the petals. Curl, ink and fasten together with brad. (With the petite scallop circle, cut between the 4th and 5th scallop, then rounded the edges. If using the large scallop you will need to adjust. )





Your finished flower




When attached to card you have a very striking embellishment


I hope you'll find this flower tutorial interesting. I have to admit that I'm a true BUG fan, and love sharing ideas with others, you'll find more of my work and tutorials on my blog ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard.

Hope you'll drop by and say hello.

6 comments:

Julie Allain said...

How fantastic!!!

Time for me to dust off my cuttlebug

Thanks so much Eileen x

Diane.W. said...

Oh Wow!!! This is beautiful,will be having a go later,Thanx v much :o)x

JASPISOWA said...

Wow,
I looked at your blog! It's just fantastic, very helpful and inspiring :o).
Thanks a lot!
I added your blog to favourites on my blog and I'll visit you soon :o).

Greetings from Poland! :o)

Unknown said...

BELLISSIMO !!!:-)

Carole Beath said...

Just found your blog. I love it. I will return. And that flower is simply fantastic.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

thanks for this, just made one fab results. janex