Tuesday 3 February 2009

Hidden Drawer Card

Here is a tutorial for a Hidden Drawer Card. The other tutorials I've seen online hold Hershey Nuggets in their drawer so I decided to be different and use a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup. The drawer does hold SIX Nuggets beautifully though!

On with the directions:

Supplies I used:
(ALL supplies are from The Angel Company)
Cha Cha Soar With It Collection
Cha Cha Cardstock
Mega Scalloped Circle Punch
All Occasion Circles stamp set
Kid Praises stamp set
Seeds of Blessing stamp set
Palette L'Amore Red ink
Versamagic Hint of Pesto ink
Versamagic Pumpkin Spice ink
Scor-Pal
White gel pen

Directions:

To make the drawer, cut your cardstock 4 13/16" x 4 13/16". Score it at 15/16" on all four sides. I know these are odd measurements, but my drawer fits perfectly! Another way to do this is to cut the cardstock 4 15/16" x 4 15/16", score at 1" on each side, then trim 1/16" off of each side. Whatever is easiest for you.

Make ONE cut at each corner, fold the flaps in and glue in place.


Cover the front and back sides with patterned cardstock cut to 3/4" x 2 3/4".


To make the card part, cut your cardstock to 3" x 11 7/8". With the long side across the top of your Scor-pal, score at 3", 4", 7", 8", and 11".


Fold it and glue the flap in place as shown in the picture above. Notice at the red arrow, the flap fold rests just under the scored line. And the blue arrow shows how the flap does NOT go all the way down to the bottom.


To make my Reece's Peanut Butter cup "sandwich", I cut the cardstock to 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". With a little dot of glue, I put one on top and bottom. This cup is one that comes 8 to a pack for about $1. (.55 ounce per cup)


Decorate and embellish the rest however you want. Whatever floats your boat, lol! Here are some more pics of mine:





Visit me at Angel Stamper!

7 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Another fantastic Tutorial

Vicki Thank you !!

Benedicte said...

Fantastic Tutorial. You inspired me to make my own box :-)

hugs, Benedicte

Deanne Clarke said...

I wanna try this! I love it!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, that is AWESOME! I love it! I'll be linking.

Suzi said...

Love it! Thank you!

Crafty-liz said...

Love that idea! Will have to try it!
Thanks for sharing

Crafty-liz said...

Love this!! Going to make one soon! Thanks for sharing
Lizette