How to make your own designer brads !
By Maddy Hill .
These customised brads are just perfect for adding that special touch to co-ordinate with your layouts , cards or anything you wish to adorn .
Above i have co- ordinated mine with some heart ribbon. The ideas for these is only as limited as your imagination !
1. Roll a ball of fimo in the colour of your choice , then flatten it by rolling with a hairspray can until it is a few mm thick.
make a Circle cutter heres how ...
2. Take an old pritt stick lid and pierce several holes next to each other in the top of it, , you could use a compass or a paper piercer. To make the hole bigger , press a sissor end into the hole and twist.
3. Take the end of a small thin paint brush and push this into the hole a little way. Then place your lid onto the fimo and twist, this will cut the clay into a circle. The fimo will now be stuck in the lid.
4. Push the end of the paint brush down into the lid gently ... this will release your fimo. ... Now you will have a circle just a little bigger than your jumbo brad. You can do this without cutting out a circle - but it is much harder to cut and easier to go wrong.
5. Using the pad your finger push the fimo around the edge slightly .Trim the excess fimo off the edge of the brad, trim inwards towards the prongs rather than outwards.
6.Press your brad gently onto a cuttlebug folder, if you dont have one of these you can press your brad into some lace or net.
7. For the hearts
1. roll a ball.. 2. roll this into a tear shape . 3 Flatten using the pad of your finger.
8. Trim the point to sharpen the bottom . Then use the blunt side of your knife to and push this into the middle at the top. Place on your fimo brad and gently press. If you wish you can use a toothpick or your knife to create stitch marks around the edge.
9. Ink the edge using a dye ink /chalk ink before baking.
And there you have it , your own customised designer brad !
Bake as per instructions on the packet of fimo / polymer clay.