Wednesday 20 August 2008

Using Plastic Stencils in the Cuttlebug

Hi all, Ive been really enjoying experimenting with my cuttlebug and I'm so pleased i bought one. Ive been able to drag out supplies i haven't used in a long while and use them now in an even easier way than before. So drag out all your plastic stencils and today I'll show you what i taught to all my Monday card ladies....enjoy
Open up your cuttlebug and put in your A plate then B plate on top and then your plastic stencil.

Next lay your card over the top of your stencil.

Now lay your silicone baking mat over the top of your card.

As a shim i use 4 layers of card....as you can see these are the backings off the emboss folders you get....this way you will all know exactly how thick it should be.

lastly lay your second B plate over the top to complete the sandwich and roll through. Remember to never force anything through your machine...if your silicone baking mat is thicker than mine just leave out one of the card shims....and the results.....

What i found most annoying was that hole they use to hang the stencils in the shop.....but I just cut around mine and colored it with chalks...here's a close up

Turned out like a fancy Lilly pad for my cute little frog. Well i hope this has inspired you to use some of your old supplies....see we didn't waste money buying all those stencils !! :)...Valita

A note from Julie
Wonderful Tutorial Valita and as I'm a proud owner of a cuttlebug myself I will definitely be giving this a go !!
Everybody go and check out Valita's fantastic Blog HERE it is full with inspiration!!!

10 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I was curious about this, but had never tried. Thanks so much for doing the work for me!!

Jami said...

Fabulous idea!! I have a ton of these stencils from long ago before all the cool new tools like Cuttlebugs... I'll have to dig them out and give this a try!

Smiles, Jami

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

WOW! this is STUNNING!! :D

I'm going to be on the hunt for some plastic stencils now ;)

Libby Dyson said...

This is great, thanks so much for sharing it with us fello 'buggers

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Wonderful tutorial!

KozyMom said...

I have tons of old plastic stencils. Thanks so much for this tutorial!!

Anonymous said...

I never thought of using my stencils like that thanks for the tip

Pam said...

This is great! I love my Cuttlebug! Thanks for the tutorial!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

How thick is your baking mat? Thanks! Love this tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Great idea- was so over stenciling, glad to find new use for them! And it works well and easily. Thank you.CV