Saturday 9 August 2008

Floral Punch Craft Card

A simple Flower card with a Tutorial

I was always admiring a flower FPC card made by my friend Pam and she kindly talked me through making the flower over the telephone, mind you I'm not really sure if I did it correctly but I liked the end result so I thought I would share it with you.

Leaf Stamps, ink & Ribbon by PTI

Tutorial - How to make the red Flowers







Tools used, Punch Bunch medium Flower, large ball tool, tweezers, scissors and fine scoring tool.












Punch the flower shape out of red paper.






Turn over the flower and score 2 more lines in either side of the middle line you have just scored. You should now have 5 scored lines in total for each petal.














Using a ball tool in a circular motionpush gently on the centre of the flower until the flower is a cupped shape.









Cut a piece of black paper into a rectangle roughly 3/4 " x 2" we will use this to make the centre of the flower.










Fold the rectangle in half to make a
thinner rectangle.













With your scissors cut little snips along the length of the folded paper from the open ends towards the folded edge about 2/3rds of the width of the paper, continue all the way to the end.











Once you have made all of the snips your folded paper will look like this.









Spread glue along the fold and nip the end of the paper in your tweezers, start to turn the tweezers towards the glue winding the snipped paper around the tweezers until you get to the end of the paper.








Once the flower centre is set, splay out the cut paper with your
fingers untill it forms a pom pom then remove it from the tweezers.











Add a wet glue to the center of your flower shape & add the pom pom quilled shape on top of it.










This is the finished flower I used 3 to make the card, I added some punched out leaf shapes to finish the arrangement.





*****
A note from Julie
Stunning card Jak and another brilliant tutorial!!
Head on over to Jak's wonderful Crafters Kitchen Blog for more inspirational creations

4 comments:

June said...

Fabulous flowers and tutorial. thanks for sharing
Hugs June

June said...

Hi I have been searching blogs for days as i needed to give an award to the blogs i thought deserved the award that i was recently awarded myself and I eventually chose some. I hope you will be pleased as i have not really been blogging that long and didnt know enough people to pass the award on to so went by the best and most original blogs i saw and you were one of them so you can pick up the award from my page. Hope you will enjoy it
Hugs June

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Delightful!!! Thanks fro sharing how to make those sweet sweet flowers, :O)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi
This is such a simple flower and such a painstakingly done and detailed tutorial.Thank you for sharing
Dr Sonia Suprabha Venugopal